Sunday, January 31, 2010

Blessing Day!

Okay, I have to be honest here...I have been meaning to post this all week, but I've been holding out due to the lack of comments on my last post. See, I am guilty of not looking past the new post on others' blogs to see if there have been more than one new post since my last visit. So...I thought, I want to give everyone a chance to see it. Last night Scott was sitting on the computer and said, "There are still no new comments on your last post. Weird." Well, at least I'm not the only one who thrives on comments I guess :)
Anyway, I wanted to post Stetson's blessing pics and talk about it a little. It was the weekend after New Year's on the 3rd of January, so I am a little behind on it, but when am I not? It was a great day. We were finally able to have our first "function" at our own house, however, it was packed! We had almost 50 people in our little just over 1000 sq. ft. house, but it was fun to have them all come. We live so far out of the way for most of our family there is no reason for them to come see where we live, so they all got to see our house and we appreciated all of their support. Our neighbor and landlord actually owns a stucco business and has the supplies to set up these giant tents, so we turned our carport into a heated tent area and stuck all the kids out there to eat. I never really made it out there, but I think it was warm enough and I never heard any complaints. Here are some pics of Stetson and Haddyn...I thought they turned out surprisingly well. We unfortunately didn't remember to get any family pics while people were around to shoot them, but we got dang cute ones of the kids, so just imagine Scott and I there. he,he
Scott did a great job and it was such a beautiful blessing. Since this serves as a journal as well and I have not written in my journal yet, I'll share a little personal story. While Scott was pronouncing the blessing he spoke of Steston serving a mission and I felt the spirit so strongly as he spoke those words. When Scott sat down he said, "He'll serve a mission." I asked him, "What do you mean?" and he just said, "I really feel like Stetson will serve a mission one day." I didn't talk to him about it right then because the meeting was starting, but it was truly an amazing experience for me. I feel like the spirit was telling me the same thing at the same time it was Scott. I can't say I'm as connected to the spirit as I should be and that I recognize each time I am prompted, but it is such an amazing feeling when I do recognize it and I am so thankful for that, even more so now as a Mother. I sure hope we can raise him with the principles and values he will need to discover for himself how important it will indeed be to one day serve a mission for his Heavenly Father! (no pressure there)Along the lines of those pictures and cute sibling moments...I was doing laundry in the hall the other day and it got too quiet in the living room. I peeked my head over the couch and found this:Stetson had been playing under his little gym toy and Haddyn just happens to love the toy AND her brother, so I guess she felt a little left out. He didn't seem to mind. My favorite part is outlined a little better in the bottom photo---she is holding his arm. She may be a frisky little 2 year old that tests her Mother's patience on a daily basis, but she is such a sweet little girl!
UPDATE: We found out Friday that we will be hanging out in Heyburn for a few years. We are excited to know what we are doing and we truly feel that this is where we are needed at this time. We like it here and we are hoping to find a house in our ward and before the tax credit ends. Wish us luck!!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

At least now you know you'll be in Heyburn for a while, does that mean you will do some house hunting there now? Those are such cute pictures of Haddyn and Stetson! I was so excited for Kaydences blessing and I can't wait for Marleys too, they are so special. What a special prompting.
If you guys weren't private then my blog would show me when you updated, and seeing as I am lazy I hadn't checked your blog for a while (I am so bad)!

Peetiedy said...

Thank you for updates. I love the pictures. I can't believe how big they are getting. You have a beautiful family. Miss you guys. Hope you find what your looking for quickly.

Mike and Kaci said...

You should have told us about the blessing! I bet that would have gotten us up there! :) I'm sad you be coming back here for a while, but that is good that know what is going on and feel good about it. Lets set up a date! When?

Ashley said...

What a special experience--thanks so much for sharing.

Isn't it weird to be...grown-up? It's powerful enough to hear a blessing for a baby serving a mission and how cool that is...and then it's YOUR baby? Wha?

Maybe it's just me...

And those pics of the two of them are so sweet! Haddyn (look! I spelled it RIGHT this time!) is awesome big sister already. :)

Kandice said...

Don't feel bad about wanting comments...I do the same thing. I have one of those counters on my blog, and 99% of the visitors were probably me, checking back for any new comments. :-) I finally learned though, because there never are any!

I have to say what an awesome thing it is for me to hear about your testimony and the way your are raising your kids in the gospel. You probably know by now that when you have that, the only thing you could ask for would be for all your loved ones to have it too. Remembering high school, I just have to be so grateful that you spent that year in New Jersey! And a little ashamed I never invited you to YW with me when we were so close.

Thanks for the updates...I love watching your little family grow!

Loriann Jensen said...

What- no IF???? Oh well- glad you guys know where you'll be for a while. We had a lot of fun seeing you guys at the blessing. Don't you love siblings? I feel bad for only children. I've been having contractions every 20 min for the past day (on and off) and still no baby. I'm getting very annoyed. But we will let you know when he decides to grace us with his presence. Wish me luck!

The Smaellies said...

I didnt post because it has been forever since I have had any spare time to be on the computer, but I totally read your blog when I get a chance.

I am bummed that you will be in Heyburn and not closer to us, but at least you finally know and can move into something more permanant.

Your kids are super cute and we have to see you guys soon!

Dani said...

Such cute pics!! Those two are so cute together :) And sorry I didn't comment on your last post - for some reason I can't follow your blog in google reader (maybe cuz it's private? i dunno) so I have to remember to check it separately, but don't worry I read them all :)...good to know I'm not the only one who thrives on comments! It was good seeing you yesterday! :)

Michelle said...

What a good feeling knowing you'll be in that area for awhile! I hope you find a house in time, GL! Stetson and Haddyn are so darling in the pictures. Haddyn really loves her little brother! Thanks for sharing your spiritual moment. What a great feeling knowing Stetson will serve a mission. :) I'm glad things are going well for you.

Yes, we did have our little girl! If you give me your email, I can send you some pictures. :)

Mindee said...

LOVE the pic where they're looking at each other on the couch. It looks like they're just having a little chat! Cute cute cute! :)

Unknown said...

Okay I'm ready for an update!!!