Monday, January 4, 2010

Christmas!!!

Finally I am sitting down to tell ya about our Christmas!! We were at home on Christmas morning and opened presents and then headed to my parents house for dinner and gifts. We stayed the night there and then met our friends Josh and Charlee in Idaho Falls to take our kids ice skating. Here are Christmas morning photos.Santa brought Haddyn her horse and cowboy hat she wanted so badly...Just before we left to my parents for dinner Scott took Haddyn in to go potty one more time. She wanted her pants off, however, she also wanted her boots back on. Classic. I CANNOT wait to show these some day!Next are some really cute pics of my Mom with Haddyn and Stetson and since we don't have very many of those, I thought I'd post them! We also got a good one of Stetson and Haddyn, but Haddyn never cooperated enough to get a fam pic...gotta love 2 year olds! I know I do ;)As you can see from the wet spot on my Mom's shoulder, Stetson is like a fountain of gushing spit up. We do a lot of laundry!As I mentioned before we went ice skating with our friend Josh and Charlee the day after Christmas. It was fun! I didn't skate because I thought Stetson would be waking up to eat right as we got there, so needless to say Scott's back was hurting pretty good once we were finished. At first Haddyn was a little aprehensive, but she came around and by the end was actually skating by herself for about 4 strides! That's all she talks about now and we're hoping if we get her comfortable with skating it will help her balance to go skiing next year.
This first picture totally looks like Scott is high, but it shows Haddyn so cute and the position Scott stood in for about an hour and a half, so I had to post it!
This is a video of our friend Josh with Haddyn. Josh is a really good skater and Haddyn loved to go fast with him. Her little legs are just going super fast like she's running. So funny.

Last, but certainly not least, is a quite long (I apologize for that) little diddy of Haddyn reading to herself. I heard her in the other room and got the camera. She has no idea I'm watching until the very end, which is why as she sits and ponders the pages I don't rush her. She is actually reading all of the correct words too...she's like a little sponge. Enjoy and be patient--it's pretty darn cute if you have 2 minutes to spare.

3 comments:

Mike and Kaci said...

That is so cute! I can't believe how smart she is! And I HAVE to hold that little man! He is getting way too big! Lets definitely get together soon! We can meet for dinner sometime!

Dani said...

Cute pics! Are you sure Scott wasn't "high" in the one picture though? ;) And I love the video of Haddyn reading...it's amazing how much kids can remember and pack into those little brains. So cute!

Katharina said...

Whaddaya mean high? Scott simply looks like Scott.