Thursday, January 14, 2010

All In A Day...

Sorry the photo is a little blurry, it's a phone pic. However, both of my kids are smiling and looking at the camera and that pretty much never happens, so here it is! I have a couple little funny stories to share with you about my day as a tired and well, not so patient, Mother and how a 2 year old can make you want to pull both yours and her hair out AND laugh all in the same day!
Last Friday we started putting Stetson in the crib to sleep in Haddyn's room. Well, we quickly realized that was NOT going to work. Every time Stetson moved, let alone made any noise, Haddyn would wake up and then not go back to sleep unless she came to our bed...which we do not do in our house. So, after 4 nights we cleared some space in the extra room and moved Stetson into his own room. So yesterday was our first day after an actual full night of sleep and needless to say, Haddyn (or Mommy) were not in the least "caught up" on their sleep at that point. So, after a long day of pushing my buttons, 2 potty accidents in a row and her refusing to take a nap I had pretty much reached the brim. That is when Haddyn was introduced to 2 new forms of bodily fluid that she had not experienced in such a way before. I was burping Stetson (yes, you see it coming) and I had asked her not to hold onto his head and get in his face about 4 times and the last warning was, "If you don't move sweetie he is going to spit up on you." (Yes, at this point I even still used sweetie) Well, about .0004 seconds later she was covered in spit up. I hate to say it was funny, but it kinda was. The poor thing HATES to be dirty so she is freaking out trying to find a wipe to clean herself and it was then that I got my first laugh of the day. She finally came to terms with the fact that she needed to stay out of his face and just settled with calling him "Silly Stetson" from afar (afar being about 1 foot away).
Later that evening Haddyn and Stetson are in the bath tub together and I was washing Stetson. I had told Haddyn she didn't want to sit where she was because Stetson would probably end up peeing on her. Well, being the 2 year old she is and being my daughter, she decided she would do it how SHE wanted to. (Yes, you see it again, don't you?) Just as I was washing Stetson's belly, Old Faithful went off and Haddyn proceeded to try and hit it away as it hit her. She was shaking her head like she had the shivers and had such an "ick" look on her face. I am laughing right now recalling the event. She finally just decided putting her hand over it would stop the torture. Once again, I laughed, but much harder this time. Luckily she is not old enough to realize I was laughing AT her and decided I was laughing WITH her and started laughing too. Laughing at your 2 year old's expense is probably not very nice, but isn't it better than beating her??? :)
I'm going to add a little photo of the "man" of the house in none other than a leopard print Snuggie. Better than a leopard print thong, but not much. HA!! J/K, but it is funny how much he has always made fun of these and now he loves his. Notice he made the sleeve into a hood?? And people think I'M the weird one. Okay, I am, but not the ONLY weird one!

9 comments:

Katharina said...

That is one fiiiine lookin' Snuggie. It brings out the Wild Thing look. I bet the manufacturers would take off on a new marketing tangent if they saw Scott's alternative wearing technique...."It's a sleeve! It's a hood! It's a slood!"

Kandice said...

That was awesome! The kind of story that you will always need to remember to pull out on the days when you need to save your hair!;-) Thanks for the laugh...I'll go do something about my own screaming children now.

The Smaellies said...

I am laughing so hard right now that I have tears running down my face (and I just woke up Kamdyn). Those are some funny stories!! Ah, motherhood!

HARKER FAMILY said...

wow I am impressed it is hard enough to get a decent picture of one child let alone of two! good work. also so cute about your story it is a good thing that kids don't always understand what and why we are laughing.

Mike and Kaci said...

I'm glad you shared your laughs of the day...I just got mine! You called me...I need to call you back!

Sally said...

too funny!

Dani said...

That is too funny! What a funny girl. And I would say posting a pic in a leopard snuggie is MUCH better than posting a pic in a leopard thong!

Unknown said...

LOL, never a dull moment in the Moulton home! Haddyn is one determined little girl but it sounds like Stetson will be able to hold his own too! I love it!
Scott looks he should be the new face for the snuggie

Taryn said...

I'm with Katie..the slood is the next big thing!! you should totally send that into snuggie :) lol

Haddyn sounds like she gets her silliness from her DAD! She totally looks like a mini Scott. Stetson.. not as much as Haddyn. but there's definitely moulton in that boy...

ohh and I hope all goes well with your next move!