Thursday, January 21, 2010

Funny Stuff 101

So, Haddyn has been hilarious as of late. She just says the funniest things and she has this WILD imagination that has sprung into action in the last week or so. She is now in love with Dora the Explorer and Go, Diego, Go...which she calls "Diego Go, Go, Go". She loves the animals and she just jumps into these adventures with these characters and for the rest of the day I am on this amazing journey with her to save the flying squirrel or find Boots' boot. Today we had to climb the rope ladder (which was actually one of my shirts) up the pole (the wall) to save, well, I'm not sure what we were saving actually. Hmm. Anyway, I read these Parents and Parenting magazines and they have been talking about how at her age the imagination of a child is starting to really bloom and to feel lucky if they take you along for the ride...well, I think I am the COOLEST Mom ever cause I get to go along with her on countless trips a day! She is such a sweet and fun little girl and I'm so glad she chose me!!Anyway, on a lighter and more funny note, I want to share with you a few of her new sayings that have Scott & I cracking up over and over. Scott has really been working with her to try and get her to understand that her name is Haddyn Elaine Moulton. However, Haddyn is bound and determined to let her Daddy know that her name is in fact Baby Haddyn (which started about a month before Stetson was born). So the other day Scott is telling her "Your name is Haddyn Elaine." and Haddyn replies with "I not hiding in the rain." HA!!! She said it so cute and with a look on her face like "Silly Daddy." I'm laughing again right now. Her other phrase we're loving is when she tells this daring story of how she fell ice skating, or crashing while on the sleigh (sled) or fell out of the Bumbo and she ends it with "I okay though". Not that funny typed, but adorable as she nods her head in reassurance and adds the "though". Oh, our sweet Haddyn Elaine.Stetson's new favorite thing is Patty Cake. He just smiles so big and today he even giggled!! Only like the third time he's giggled too. It was so cute! I wish I could get a picture of his HUGE smile where he almost can't even stand himself any longer and then it goes into this cough. I'll keep trying. For now, these pics are the closest I've gotten. He loves it when I roll my tongue on my lips. He ALWAYS smiles and he will start trying to stick his tongue out. It's really cute. The things that amaze us about our 12 week old babies---they are just so stinkin' cute!I guess my only other favorite thing right now is that Stetson LOVES Haddyn. I love that he totally knows his sister and is SOOOOO patient with her. She can be in his face (literally like ON his face) and yelling things to him, cause apparently he is deaf sometimes if you ask her, and he just smiles at her. It's the sweetest thing ever and it makes me have more patience with her just seeing how he loves her. Awww.We have a Bumbo for Stetson, however, Haddyn enjoys the thing more than he does. It's her choice of seat for all T.V. watching and she also washes it at least once a day with wipes. Don't ask, I don't even know. Yes, she is related to me...we do weird and unexplainable things. Live with it :)Two more things...Stetson has the cutest "I'm so hungry I could cry" cry with his little lip pouting out that I just had to post it. And finally...our loving bro and sis Jason and Kelly got Haddyn this ENORMOUS Minnie Mouse that now has to sleep with her and at the same time takes up half of her bed. She loves for Minnie to "bonk her nose" on Haddyn's belly before bed every night---could that be considered child abuse??? Yes, there will come a time when the opportunity arises to pay them back, of this I am sure. :) Check this out:ALSO, for those of you who are up to date on our situation on waiting to see where we are heading we still don't know for sure, but we found out that it will definitely not be Idaho Falls right now. It will either be Pocatello or we will be staying right here in Heyburn. We are a little bummed, but we have put it in the Lord's hands and we know that we will be guided to the best place for our family right now. We are also just very thankful that Scott has a job, wherever that takes us! An added little blessing is that I got offered a GREAT part-time position that will only take up 30 days all year in two week increments and although it's in Arco, (the end of the Earth in Idaho) the pay is excellent, so I will for sure be able to go back to work only one day a week and we'll be okay financially. YAY!! We'll keep you posted as we find out more!

2 comments:

Kandice said...

yay! I love hearing updates on your little family. And that is seriously one of the cutest little men I have ever seen! You're gonna have your hands full in a few years!

Good luck with the work situation and making plans for an unknown future! Oh, to be a grown-up. :-)

Unknown said...

LOL, Haddyn is hilarious! The girl is entertainment 24/7! That is so great that you record all these funny adorable things she does, that will be fun for her to have! Stetson is way too cute, I love his big smile (I can't believe he has a bigger one).