Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Bed Rest

Yes, you read that title correctly. I am now on bed rest. It is awesome. And I am lying. ha,ha
So, I slept horrible on Sunday and didn't wake up feeling any better on Monday morning. I was having contractions, but I'm always having contractions, so I didn't pay much attention. I went to my appointment on Monday morning and they hooked me up to the monitors, as they do twice a week now. This time however I was having a lot of contractions and they could not get a solid reading on baby b. After checking me they discovered I was dilated to a 1 and my doc sent me over to the birth center to get things stopped. After spending all day in the hospital and having 3 doses of medication to stop my contractions, they hadn't stopped and although I was not comfortable, I was still only dilated to a 1. The shot they gave me did help slow my contractions down to every 20 minutes instead of every 10 and I was sent home on bed rest until 36 weeks, which is a week from Thursday.
As big of a pain in the tush (literally) as it is to be on bed rest and need people to come in and help me with the kids through the day and have Scott do EVERYTHING (which he is amazing at), I am feeling quite a bit better and my contractions have slowed down a lot...as long as I stay down. My luck is that they will lift all of the restrictions at 36 weeks and have to induce me at 38 weeks. Would NOT be comfortable for me, but would be even better for the babies. I'm confident that whatever needs to happen will happen, but I really want these little guys to stay in until at least 36 weeks so I will just be chillin' on my hind end for a while.
I haven't taken another belly pic, so I'll get on that soon. I lost our camera charger so at the moment we are without a camera. Yah, prego brain?? Not sure that big of an oops qualifies under the pregnancy excuse, but it's the only one I have. We did Haddyn's birthday party last month so that she would be able to have one so I will get pics posted of that soon too. Hope everyone is well!!!

4 comments:

Peetiedy said...

Sorry you have to be down but glad that they are taking good care of you. Very excited for all of you.

Loriann Jensen said...

Take it easy! And remember there will be a time in the not too distant future when you will wish for the excuse of bedrest and let Scot do everything. Take advantage Kel, take advantage. Stetson needs a diaper change and Scotts at work? So what if you could "technically" get it done- call Scott. It's the right thing to do.

Ashley said...

Gah, that sounds awful! We're praying for you, Kelli!

Ryan and Leah said...

Hang in there and keep those babies cooking! Having them arrive healthy is so worth the discomfort! All will be well!