Thursday, May 20, 2010

Looks Kinda Like A House

So, this whole house thing is a pretty slow process with wind, rain and overall nastiness! But, although it has taken quite a while, it is actually starting to look like a house! There is the sheathing ? -the boards on the trusses- all over the house now and the driveway and sidewalk area has been dug out, but other than that these are pretty up to date photos.
Entire front of house...garage on the right, two bedrooms on left:
Rear of house, master bed on far left, covered patio and kitchen (bay window) on right:Standing in kitchen facing bathroom, two bedrooms and front door:Standing in kitchen facing living room, master bed, and laundry with door to garage:We're right in the middle of choosing the shingle, stucco, siding, and rock colors. You'd think that would be fun, if you weren't in the middle of the arguments and stress of doing it. Ha,ha To me it's like picking your kid's names, it is fun and there are so many to choose from, but it's theirs FOREVER and therefore it gets really hard when you get right down to it. Scott will tell you I am difficult and argue everything, but I'm telling the story darn it and ACTUALLY it's that Scott is very stressed and has no patience for my completely useful questions. :)
We're hoping the weather will clear up and warm a little by the beginning of next week so Scott can get the tar paper and shingles on. Of course it was beautiful and 80 degrees last week, but we're expecting nothing over 50 for the weekend. And so it continues....
Think of all the space Kelli, think of your OWN house Kelli, just keep thinking happy thoughts Kelli.... ;)

6 comments:

Dani said...

lookin good kel!! keep up those happy thoughts :)

Mindee said...

I think it looks great!! You're going to have a house, hooray!

Taryn said...

what fun! I'm sure stressful but fun. and I agree picking out your house is like picking out your kids names.

Unknown said...

JEALOUS MUCH! Your house looks amazing! I can't believe how fast its coming along (although it doesn't seem as fast on your end I'm sure). I can't wait to see the colors of shingles, stucco, rock, and everything you choose!
I'm sorry we missed you guys, we are going to stop by some time this summer!

Michelle said...

Wow, it's really coming along! I can imagine how stressful it is but it's totally worth it. It will all be over before you know it!

The J said...

After everything you've been through, I think that I don't want to build a house now. ;) We'll just buy one and remodel. ;)