Thursday, May 20, 2010

"Stuck"

Hello all...time for an update. The wind is blowing again and the temp has cooled right down, so why not hang out inside today and write a blog post? I want to start with a funny little story about Haddyn. The other night I was getting Stetson dressed after his bath and Haddyn comes out into the living room with her potty seat around her waist. Nothing new there, but I asked her yet again to take it back in the bathroom. As she was walking away she tried to put it on her head and I told her, "Haddyn, don't do that. It's gross. That is so dirty, please go put it back in the bathroom where it belongs." She says, "Okay Mommy" and walks away. Well, approximately 45 seconds later I hear her piercing scream come from the kitchen. I call her into the living room and this is what we see...Yes, that is a potty seat stuck on her head. I don't even know how she got it on there, it was just about impossible to get it off! Scott actually had to just yank it off with me holding Haddyn so she wouldn't lift as he pulled it up. I felt so bad! I see already how much she is like me and well, just having someone tell her it won't be pleasant isn't going to be enough...she's gonna want to TRY it.Maybe she'll believe me next time BEFORE she experiments, but probably not :)

I have two favorite "stores" for buying new clothes, etc and they are Once Upon A Child (a used children's store) and of course, eBay. I have been on a kick lately trying to get clothes for the new season and I have to say I LOVE shopping for my kids. I mean really, I don't really enjoy shopping for myself so much and I like shopping for other people alright, but I LOVE shopping for Haddyn and Stetson. As far as eBay goes, it's a love/hate relationship for Scott. See, Scott likes the fact I get good deals, but he hates how I think I "win" the items. Well, I DO dang it. :) Anyway, here are some of my new victories...
Super cute shoes for Stetson: (eBay)
New shoes for Haddyn: (eBay)

NWT ETNIES WHITE TODDLER GIRLS SKATER BRAND SHOES 9  NEW
New clothes for Stetson: (eBay)
Gymboree Baby Gap EUC boys tops T shorts 10 pc LOT  6-12
New swimming suit for Stetson: (Once Upon A Child)
Seeing how this has all happened in the last 2 weeks, I'm thinking Scott will be banning me from eBay here any day :) Seriously though, the outfits for Stetson were like $3.30 per outfit for Gymboree, Gap and Old Navy clothes. Killer.

Here is Stetson in his other swimming suit, the pic is just so cute I couldn't resist. He has two because we now live in the land of heat and besides the Mommy and Me swimming classes I will be doing with both he and Haddyn in June, I am planning on spending the majority of the summer in the water. And one showing how much Stetson LOVES his sister!! Good times!That's all for now, I'll post more later (hopefully today), so keep your eyes out!!

5 comments:

Dani said...

HAHAHAHA! Silly Haddyn :) That is so funny! I love that she is stuck, crying hysterically, and you guys pull out the camera! And I totally get the "I won!" attitude - I'm the same way...I love beating out other bidders on ebay.

Ashley said...

lol Ohhhh, wow. And now there are pictures of her with her head stuck in the potty seat on the internet to follow her into college.

And way to shop it, Mommy! Those ARE some good deals!

Mindee said...

Love the potty story, love the good deals! I've never thought to shop ebay for kids clothes, so thanks for the tip.

Taryn said...

ok so hilarious the toilet seat. she reminds me of my jilly. stetson is getting so big, and i love love love that blonde hair and blue eyes. sooo jealous!!!

Katharina said...

Ohhh, the toilet seat is awesome. You are going to be able to BLACKMAIL that girl.