Thursday, April 30, 2009

Some Catching Up

This is going to be one of those huge posts that take me like an hour to get on, but it has to be done!! I guess I'll start with Haddyn's first experience with blood...AHH!! She was going into her room to get a new book to read and tripped on them and I think hit her face on her dresser, but I'm not even sure what she hit. Poor thing, she was SCREAMING and her lip was like gushing, but she would not let us look at it. She kept her head buried in my shoulder and shook her head no over and over. It led to a pretty shoulder and back you can't see in the picture. Of course, it turned out just fine--no stiches, just a lot of kisses and cuddles. Doesn't she look so sad and pitiful??
Next...
Easter!!! We went to my parents house in Blackfoot for Easter and hung with some fam. It was good times for sure! Haddyn loved Easter. Well, she didn't really understand Easter actually, but finding eggs was super fun for her. (especially when they had candy in them!) In fact, I'm pretty sure she ate more candy in two days then she had in her entire life up to that point, but what the heck right?
First I'll start with the egg dying pics. She wasn't like overly excited about his process, but she totally dug chillin' on Dad's lap for the event.Haddyn was getting tired and snuggled in for some lovin's...(if anyone has something cuter than a Daddy and his baby girl, please enlighten me)My favorite part was that she kept sticking her feet up on the table lounging back on Scott. It was hilarious! She has always, always tried to get her feet in on any process she's currently involved in and dying eggs is apparently no different! She was trying to put her toes in the egg tray, but I couldn't snag a pic of that. This was as good as I could get.She didn't really care about the dying, but hey, let's eat one, shell and all!! (Notice: feet still on table)Our family did all of the Easter festivities on Saturday, which besides being windy, as per usual, it was a nice day. Now, in my family the next youngest grandchild is almost 6 years old (like that seesta) so Haddyn is the only really young one and has all kinds of little "helpers" to keep her on track. It's very cute I must say myself because that is exactly how I was with all of them when they were her age. Here are some pics of the egg hunt:At first, she didn't actually want to touch the eggs, just find them. It was funny! This is her pointing one out to me and I wish you could see her face. It's saying "Eww Mom, will you touch it for me?"
She really does only eat the eggs with the shells on, she HATES them without the shells. This was funny cause she got this egg in her mouth before we saw her and turned her mouth and hands all blue, but when my Mom peeled it and gave it to her she took a bite and literally gagged. She is totally related to her father.After hunting for eggs we went swinging and my niece Morgan brought this stuffed bunny out to Haddyn because she loves it and so Haddyn decided she wanted the bunny to swing with her. Please observe:On to Easter morning...
Here is Haddyn Easter Bunny surprises all layed out and Haddyn discovering them. We played the "Hide and Find the Egg" game over and over until we couldn't wait any longer to get ready for church. I totally forgot to take pics of her in her pretty Easter dress, so yes, I am a failure, but enjoy these instead!There are just some random photos left to post now and unfortunately my little one in my tummy is not going to wait any longer for lunch, so I'll be back another time for those! Sorry it takes me an average of like a month to get stuff on here. You'd think only working two days a week and being a mommy would allow for more blog time. Oh well...

WORK UPDATE:
Not much to update. We still know Scott has a job at this moment and we'll hopefully know more within 2 weeks.

5 comments:

Kandice said...

I can't wait to see how Haddyn handles having a new little baby in the house. She's going to be so cute! I can't believe how big she's getting...and how much she looks like her daddy!

Katharina said...

Eggs with the shells on? You guys go to great lengths to give the chickadee some calcium.

p.s. {Subliminal messages coming your way: you should come to Portland...you want to hang out with us...move north and eat lots of salmon...we can find Haddyn some little wellington boots for the puddles...}

Scott and Kel said...

Katie...you get me some names of some banks...I'm there!!!

Ashley said...

You're right--there is NOTHING more sweet than a Daddy with his little girl! When Grant comes home from work and holds Kendra, it really melts my heart. Every. Single. Day.

:)

Unknown said...

Wow, Haddyn got spoiled for Easter! I mean she got to eat eggs, shell and all! That is the most hilarious picture of her with the blue lips! I love the picture of her and her bunny squeezed together in the swing.