Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Coolest Piece of Living Room Furniture Ever Made (& Work Drama)

So, I still need to get some better pics and some of our new couches, but I may never get that done so here is our awesome new entertainment center that my incredibly talented husband built (from scratch). It is as huge as it looks, takes up like 1/2 of our huge living room and is beautiful! Scott built it at his friend Kyle's cabinet shop like he did Haddyn's cradle, for those of you who remember that. It took him about 4 or 5 full days of working on it, but seriously, didn't it turn out amazing? All I have to say however, is I hope we never have to move into a place with a normal sized ceiling because chances are it won't fit! What do you think about my man???The fronts of the shelves are still brown because the wrong edges got painted. Besides that the only problem is the T.V. inside of it...it's build for Scott's dream T.V. and I guess he thought if it looked silly enough I'd run out and buy a new one. Ha,ha Poor guy, it just makes the entertainment center look that much bigger!!! Some day my love, some day! The two far side cupboards have drawers in them for our dvds and the two right under our T.V. area are for toys for Haddyn and whatever. I love the finish, it is perfect!WORK DETAILS:
I thought I'd better take a minute and let ya'll know what's up with our situation here in Driggs. Scott's bank was taken over by the FDIC last Friday and sold to US Bank. As of now, Scott still has a job, but we're not really sure what is going to happen in the long run. For now, as we understand it he will be employed by US Bank for what looks like the next 30-60 days as a trial and from there they will decide what employees stay or go. This has all happened VERY QUICKLY and we aren't quite sure what to think about things right now, but we both have a very peaceful feeling that it will all work out somehow and that whatever is headed our way is what is supposed to be. We only hope insurance is included in that plan : ) Keep us in your prayers!!

4 comments:

HARKER FAMILY said...

good job scott! it is beautiful. We hope everything goes well for you guys in the job area. you are in our prayers I hope the pregnancy is going well for you!

Taryn said...

nice work Scott! that's beautiful...looks like its' straight from pottery barn!

Hope all goes well with the job, and congrats on the new baby!

jolley time said...

WOW That is really amazing I can't believe that scott made that Steve will be so proud of Scottie. I am so excited for you guys to have another baby that is great! I am so happy for you guys. Let us know when you hear more about that job situation

Katharina said...

A couple o' things:

a) Scott, those are some mad skillz. I know Bart would love to join you in some power tool tomfoolery. And yes, it does scream for a massive telly. : )

b) Big fat frowny face on the job situation. I say you should move to Portland! (C'mon, it would be fun...)