Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Da News....

I still have SO much to catch up on with this blog, but first....something of an announcement---That's right...we're going to have another baby!!! YAY! We are very excited and I am even more excited for the day to come where I am not sick ALL day, which will probably be about another month judging by Haddyn's pregnancy. However, this pregnancy has been SO different than my last. I am 12 weeks along and due on November 5th, which will put the new baby almost exactly 2 years apart from Haddyn.This ultrasound was from my first appt. at 7 weeks, so it's just a little bean! We have access to an ultrasound machine and have done two US since this one and it looks like a little tiny baby now and moves CONSTANTLY. As nice as it would be if it were a girl (because we could reuse all of Haddyn's thousands of clothes) I really think it's a boy. All we're shooting for however is healthy and happy, so bring it on!

We have a tradition of naming our little fetus and there is quite a story to this, so bear with me. Our best friends Taylor and Sarah have been the lucky individuals to help us name both of our younglings and with Haddyn we all put names in a hat and drew one out and that was it. Well, Taylor's was drawn and Haddyn was officially known as "Stalagtite" from fetal stage until birth. That was in NO way incorporated into her post-fetal name. :) So, with this baby we decided it had to be Taylor and Sarah to help us again. This time the decision was based on a simple game of Farkel, a Taylor FAVE (thanks Andy and Heather). So, the winner decided. Guess who won? Taylor again! Sarah has wanted to name our fetuses so badly and she couldn't even get on the board that game! Poor thing. We decided to do a middle name for this one too and played a second game to decide that...just for Sarah. But, Sarah didn't win, again. I did! In honor of Sarah however, I chose it's middle name as the name Sarah has been wanting to name our fetus since Haddyn. The final name is Batman McDougall (said like McDOOgall). Batman from Taylor, of course, and Sarah, that middle name is ALL for you babe! It's kinda cool that I'm carrying Batman though--HA!

14 comments:

Mike and Kaci said...

LOVE IT!!!! Maybe pretty soon I will carry Robin!

Scott and Kel said...

HA!!! Awesome! Can't wait!

HARKER FAMILY said...

congrats that is awesome! i hope all goes well for you

Katharina said...

Congrats!
{But girl, please tell me you didn't save the actual-factual pee stick for posterity...}

p.s. Word verification: parbart
He's always on my mind even when he isn't ; )

jonibologna said...

what? youre pregnant?! This is brand new information! i just did NOT see this coming! :)

Scott and Kel said...

Ok, for Katie...no saving of the pee stick, only the pic. And Joni--has anyone ever told you that you sound like, say, PHEOBE?!

Kandice said...

Sweet! Congratulations!! I'm excited for you, but I have to say...get ready! 2 years apart is something else!

Ashley said...

Wooooohooooo! Congratulations!!

Celeste said...

Congrats!! We are so happy for you guys!!

Peetiedy said...

I am so excited for all of you. Kortnee asked me what I thought your new little one will be. I say Boy but we will wait and see. Congratulations again.

Dani said...

Wooohoooo for baby Batman! I'm so happy for you, though sorry you haven't been feeling well...that's no fun. All for a good cause though right?!

The J said...

I don't know how I missed this post! lol. Yay! I'm so so so excited!!!!! If it's a boy, you'll get to use all the clothes I gave you! The sizes might be a little off though. I want to see the tractor outfit! ;) yay!

Matt and Jen Smith said...

Congratulations!! We are so happy for you! We really do need to get together sometime, let us know if you're ever in town.

Mindee said...

Yay!! I normally check your blog with more frequency, but this is the first I've seen of your announcement. I'm SOOO excited for you guys. I like the fact that you are carrying Batman around, but I also like the fact that our children will once again be fairly close in age (about two months apart this time)! Woohoo!!