Monday, March 9, 2009

Ski Trip

This weekend Scott and I went for an overnight trip with our best pals Taylor and Sarah to Pomerelle. We went night skiing on Saturday night and then stayed at a hotel in Twin Falls. It was the first overnight trip for us from Haddyn and it was great...I didn't sleep for crap cause baby or no baby in room, you still listen for them, but it was tons of fun and Haddyn did great at Grandma and Grandpa Kroff's.
So this trip was the first ski trip for Taylor and Sarah in about 10 years and they both did great!! Sarah was so scared and she did really well. We were all sore just after watching her the first 2 runs because she was so stiff the whole way down, but she still did awesome and didn't even get hurt! GO SARAH!!!The last run of the night Scott and I took Taylor through the trees while Sarah waited at the bottom of the hill. He did really great too...he only crashed once and we were in front of him so we didn't even get to see it. But, I was not so lucky. Scott and Taylor left the leading up to me and then they heard "Man Down!!" This is the pickle they found when they got to me... I am laying there helpless with my arm caught under me in my pole and twisted backward against a tree while Scott takes a pic...isn't that sweet? :) All I have to say is I'm glad I had a helmet for that one!

We had a really good time and we were all so tired by the end of the night we didn't make it past dinner, the hot tub and a nice hot shower to play games or anything! Great friends, great times!!!

5 comments:

The J said...

no fair!!

Kitchen Kamikaze said...

Too bad you didn't take a ski trip to Colorado. I could have taken you on some crazy runs.

Mike and Kaci said...

That is funny- I so would have gotten hurt! I'm sure you at least crashed with style!

jonibologna said...

so glad you guys got a little time for yourselves. Its a good thing i didnt see you crash into the trees.You think your husband taking a pic of you down is bad, i would have peed my pants laughing at you! haha. love you guys!

Unknown said...

Kodak moment for sure (you splayed across the trail)! You are hard core, I'm such a wimp I don't like skiing through trees I NEED my space! Looked like a sweet trip, it's funny how you still can't sleep well when your little one is away huh!