Monday, March 23, 2009

Happy Anniversary!!

It has been a bit since I posted again and I have to no good reason, just haven't done it! There really isn't anything extreme to post about, but I'll bring everyone up on life. Scott and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary last Friday and that was pretty cool. 5 years--that went fast! We went to Idaho Falls and went out to dinner at Texas Roadhouse and then did some shopping (for Haddyn of course). We stayed at a suite in the Ameritel Inn and it was lots of fun. Haddyn stayed with Scott's parents and she had all kinds of fun too! I am a huge slacker and I have no photos of the excursion, but we did have a deal to have "homemade" gifts and I have pictures of his gift I made and what is left of my gift from him.
I had to post his gift a few pages at a time because it was too big to get in one photo, but here it is...This book was sweat and blood and tears of his wife, which he very much so appreciated. However, this was my "homemade" gift...I was informed that the candy was homemade :) It was still very sweet because this would be the first card I've received in about 4 1/2 years and it was very well thought out and perfect, plus he got all my favorite candies. I have THE BEST MAN out there and I'm willing to go outside and fight that one out :)

Here is a random video of Haddyn showing off for her Daddy and saying all of the words he wants her too. She talks kinda quiet so you have to listen close, but Scott is so proud of his little girl!! I love it!!! (Good thing that was included in my top ten reasons my man is the best man huh?) My new favorite word is "ice". It's the only word she gets the s sound into and she just keeps going and going with it. It's really funny! I also better clarify the fact she won't shake her head no in the video, she just says no while shaking yes. Our little confused child : ) AND, she says I Love You by using sign language, but she can't quite get her fingers right, so that is what the princess wave is. Oh well, at least she (and her parents) know what she's talking about most of the time, even if everyone else thinks she is a little odd like her mommy!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary you two! Kelly what is up with all this creative domestic stuff?!?! I'm totally kidding, I just wish I could be as creative and resourceful as you it looks SOOO cute and I can just see the beads of perspiration and blood that went into it ;)
That is the cutest video, Haddy has the sweetest little voice! I can't believe how smart she is!

Peetiedy said...

Happy Anniversary!! It goes by so quickly. She is a dolly.

jonibologna said...

How fun! Happy Anniversary you guys!!!! So Kelli, I am way impressed but your scrapbooking skills. I have to say though, what you wrote on Scott's card left me with one question... Are you????

Call me next time you're drivin home. Love you guys! I cannot wait to see you guys in JUNE!!!!!!

Ashley said...

Holy cow--has it already been FIVE years!? Seems like yesterday! Congratulations, doll!

Love the video--she's so cute!

Francom Fun said...

oh my gosh your baby is sooooo cute!! well... she is not a baby any more i guess that is crazy! We need to get together now that summer is coming maybe at the lake!

The J said...

Oh my goodness! You're little girl is a genius! Cody JUST started doing most of those like... 3 months ago. We're a little behind... lol. So Cute! Happy Anniversary! I didn't know you guys are only a year behind us, so crazy!

Dani said...

Wow five years! That's crazy, happy anniversary. Your gift was so cute Kel - and great that Scott got all of your favorite candies! What a sweet guy :) I can't believe how big Haddyn is getting. They grow up so fast.