Thursday, October 2, 2008

Haddyn's 1st Steps!!!

Here is a video of Haddyn and some of her first steps. She's getting better on her feet every day and getting more and more brave with her walking...she's growing up so fast!!! I love watching her learn and grow and I'm amazed how much she retains already. I know I'm prejudice, but she is so smart and I'm pretty sure the best thing EVER is teaching her new things and cheering at her every accomplishment--I'm already her biggest fan! It's too bad Scott is missing the day to day "stuff", but he gets to see what seems like huge leaps and bounds once a week.


Haddyn is suffering with her first ear infection and I'd have to say she is not the only one suffering through it, even though she is in pain and that takes presidence. She is doing much better now that she has some meds in her and yesterday was the first day she was back to being our little happy Haddyn we know and love in a week and a half, so we are very thankful for that.

Last night I taught her her first sign-"More". I didn't expect her to catch on, but as I was feeding her yogurt and saying and signing "more" yogurt and on the 5th or 6th bite she started signing her own little interpretation of "more". I was so excited I think I could have hugged and kissed her, but then she would have stopped eating. I'm such a sap!!! I guess it just comes with the territory!! : )

9 comments:

Scott and Kel said...

MY GIRL walks like a pro...LOVE YOU TWO

The J said...

YAY!!!! Go Haddyn! Oh girl. Ibuprofen is so your best friend right now when it comes to ear infections. That and lots of hugs, juice and sleep for the little one. I'm so glad she is feeling better! We miss you guys! I put up ultrasound pics if you didn't see!

Peetiedy said...

Wow I can't believe how big she is. She is beautiful. How fun to have her learning so much. I hope the time passes quickly for you and your family so you can be together all the time again.

Unknown said...

I can't believe how fast Haddyn started walking! Way cute video, I'm glad you got it to work. It's awesome that Scott was able to be there for that, hopefully Haddyn saves all the really good stuff for when he's home.
I didn't know that you knew Ashley and Grant (Grant is my cousin)

Ashley said...

How CUTE! How fun! Yeay!!

Mike and Kaci said...

How adorable! I love it, come over and play!

jonibologna said...

k seriously the cutest thing ever! thank you for posting that, it makes me feel like haddyn is less of a stranger to me. Love and miss you guys!

Sally said...

Big day! She is such a doll.

Emily said...

Ok, she is TOO CUTE! I can't believe she's already a year old! And you look fabulous, Kelli. Hope something works out with a job soon.