Monday, October 20, 2008

Happy Birthday Baby Girl!!!

Today is Haddyn's 1st birthday! I can't even believe it. Wow, how time flies! It is amazing to me how much our sweet little angel has changed our lives for the better in such a small amount of time. I can remember the path our lives took waiting for the day she would join our small family of two. I can remember as if it were yesterday the "process" of getting her here (and to think I could do it all over again already). Most of all I can remember the second my eyes met hers for the first time and the instantaneous feeling of profound love that I felt in that moment. Children are AMAZING!!! Scott and I have been so very blessed to have Haddyn in our lives. She has brightened our every day since the day she showed herself to us as a single word on a stick.

Although we have had moments already that have tried our patience and caused us to grow physically, mentally and emotionally, and with the realization that we will forever have situations such as these, I can say with confidence that she is a blessing adding joy to our existance, our marriage and our family as a whole.












I'm including a fun little assortment of photos from Haddyn's first little week of life to her 1 year pics...I tried to put one from each month, but there are a couple that I couldn't resist putting two on! It's been crazy looking at all these pictures and I can remember them like each one was just taken. She has such a spunky personality (what else is to be expected?) and of course I'd better say that she gets that from me, or Scott will be sure to state so later. I do remember thinking that as long as a little girl didn't get his nose we'd be okay and look how adorable it is on her!!! What do I know??? : )
We sure love our baby girl and we're so thankful for her every single day!! We are so excited to continue the only roller coaster I willingly ride: Parenthood!!


















Notice how the pictures get a little more mischevious as time goes on? That's our Laners!!!









Haddyn Elaine, you are such a sweet, special little girl and you are loved more than you will ever be able to comprehend...thank you for choosing us!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY GIRL!!

8 comments:

jonibologna said...

happy birthday sweet haddyn elaine! You are such a beautiful girl and I can't wait for the day that you get to meet your auntie joni. You have two of the most amazing people on planet earth for parents so you must be one fabulous little girl. I love you guys!

Mike and Kaci said...

Oh,how sweet! Happy Birthday sweetheart! Uncle Mike and Aunt Kaci love you!

The J said...

Wow. That did go by fast! There are so many cute pictures of her on here! I'm sorry we missed her birthday! That's what we get for living 300 miles away (or something like that) :) And it's true, her 50/50 make up of Skelli material totally makes her adorable!

Ashley said...

Awwwww! How CUTE! She's absolutely awesome. Not that it's a big surprise... :)

Now I don't feel so bad for hoping our little girl has my nose (and skin) and not Grant's... :)

HARKER FAMILY said...

Happy Birthday Haddyn! I love the pictues, it is so amazing how fast they change. I love her year pictures so cute.

Peetiedy said...

Happy Birthday. I can't believe she is that big already. They are such a blessing. Thanks for sharing all the wonderful pictures. Love you guys.

Unknown said...

Happy birthday Haddyn! She is such a cutie, you capture her little personality really well with those pictures. Parenthood really is the greatest thing and she is lucky to have you two also!
Oh and I don't know how this happened but I was signed in under your name in my blog so I thought it would be funny to leave a comment from you guys. Don't worry I made sure to make you sound intelligent. It really is the simple things that amuse me!

jolley time said...

Wow I can't believe she is a year old! I love all of the pics you guys look like you are doing well! we miss you guys