Wednesday, August 24, 2011

New Bed, Baby Shower & Belly Pic

Big title, I know. I am not great at doing a lot of little posts, so here is one big one :)

First off, we have a new addition to our family this week. Bunk beds. Yes, this has been a big deal around here. We had to let Haddyn think this was all her idea to have bunk beds in her room with her on top and Stetson on bottom. She has NEVER wanted to share her room or space, EVER, so this was a very big deal. We are a week into the transition today and Stets has been great. He goes to bed as easy as he always has and doesn't get out of bed until someone comes to get him, as if he was still in his crib. Sure, they wake each other up occasionally at nap time or in the morning, but overall, he hasn't noticed any difference. Haddyn, on the other hand, decided on the 3rd night that she wanted a bed on bottom in a room by herself. ha,ha It has been a bit of an adjustment for my change-hating daughter. That's okay...she will survive and this little adjustment period (that I knew would come) will be done and over with before two new little adjustments enter her world. :) The cutest part is that Stetson switches his pillow during nap and night time. This pic was at nap, but at night his head is where it is supposed to be. ha,haNext up is the baby shower my Mom and sister threw for me on the 13th. It was a lot of fun! Thanks to all of those who attended and for those of you who did not, I will be expecting my present in the near future. HA!! J/K No, but really, it was a good time had by all and we got some great stuff. Here are some pics--
My friend Erica took apart two "It's A Boy" signs and made this: Very cute and creative!The Shrine of Kelli (and presents) :)Haddyn thinking, "Which should I pick first??"Gold....My bro Shon wrapped this box of diapers in a receiving blanket using safety pins. Then he made a "bow" out of the socks. So cute I couldn't even unwrap it. (there was a crack that wasn't covered on the bottom, so I could see it was diapers without unwrapping it) Don't worry, when the babies come I will move the cute box off of the dresser and use the gold inside.MMMMM--one plate for each baby....Last, but not least...here are some new belly pics from just over a week ago at 26 1/2 weeks.

3 comments:

Emily said...

So fun! You need to be an Amazon mom. Get Huggies super cheap. Look in to it. When are they due? Can I make them little hats or is that something you do yourself? I don't know who has crafty skillz and who doesn't.:)

Dedre said...

ahh.. you're getting there.
can't wait to see pics of when you actually have them in your arms :)

Fun times ahead for you guys!

The Smaellies said...

2 electric swings, yeah! Sorry I couldn't be there but it looks like it was a great party!