Monday, June 27, 2011

BOYS

I have been absent from writing blogs for quite some time. I generally only write a blog when there is big news, vital news, and important news. I tend to bask in the attention and excite over all the comments posted remarking on my witty views. This post I expect nothing less. Kel is an expert filling in the two year gaps of Moulton information that I cannot think of a clever interpretations.

So…You guessed it. This is huge news. This is crucial news. This is essential news that I steal the privilege of proclaiming. Kel I’m sure will, and I request, fill you in on gaps of information that the male translations will omit. I will get the good stuff out in the open.

BOYS!!! LOTS AND LOTS OF BOYS!!! Kel is incubating, with 90% accuracy, two non-identical twin males. As you can tell, I am excited. Kel…she is excited that there are 20 fingers, 20 toes, eight chambers of the heart. Relax. I know most of the readers are women. Please… stop huffing and puffing and blowing houses down. I would have been happy with healthy little princess girls. I would have loved the drama queen bedtimes. I would have treasured the tears when Sally told Becky that Susie’s boyfriend was bi-lingual and Becky didn’t know Spanish. I would have relished the money spent on two weddings within days of each other. I would have cherished it all.

Don’t get me wrong…I love Haddyn. I wouldn’t trade her for anything but a fair price. She means everything to me and has me wrapped around her pretty little finger. BUT…I wasn’t looking forward to living in a dark unfinished basement with Stetson until estrogen levels had subsided. This turn of events is better for everyone involved. Haddyn will be my fairytale princess. Kel can have a husband live upstairs, although at times I’m sure she would prefer the plan taken with two girls. EVERYONE is HAPPY!!!

Now the fun begins…NAMES. None of which I have had any luck with winning Kel over. She didn’t like Finn and Sawyer. She scoffed at Bill and Ted. She said DeTray and DeTroy were too ethnic. Butcher and Baker made her crave snacks. Cain and Able made here choose a favorite. Mario and Luigi were too Italian. I thought I had a struck the gold mine when I suggested Avada and Kedavra after watching a Harry Potter trailer. Out of pure spite I threw in Bull and Dozer just to get a “look.” SO…the rule is if you comment on this blog, leave name suggestions. We do have one name we like…Case John (because of Case tractors and John Deere tractors). If you can think of a name that goes with that brilliance, then all the better. If not you choose and get the chance to have named our BOYS!!!

13 comments:

Scott and Kel said...

By the way, WE don't like Case John. WE like Case, not a double reference to farm equipment. Just wanted to correct thy ;)

Scott and Kel said...

That, correct THAT. Stupid auto typing.

Kitchen Kamikaze said...

It would require Stetson to be named Larry but I would go with Daryl and Daryl.

jonibologna said...

ok ok ok, i give in. I'm commenting on your post now. can we be friends again?!

Dani said...

YAY for boys! So excited for you guys. Although I don't think I want to leave a name suggestion because I don't want you stealin' my names, but I will say I do like Jace - so name the other one John and they'll both be named after tractors - I like it!

Ryan and Leah said...

Yeah! So happy for you! Twin boys are fun! But then again so are twin girls! So you realy couldn't go wrong! Glad that all is looking well! As for the name front! I had a hard enough time coming up with names for mine! Good Luck!

Katharina said...

Okay, you are already on the Western wear tangent with a Stetson...

In my opinion, Wrangler and Roper would continue the theme nicely.

You're welcome. ; )

Dedre said...

haha...um...I doubt you will be near this witty 6 weeks after their arrival! enjoy it. it's a HELL of a ride. somedays it's fun. other days...well, I stop swearing now.

Advice for you........I got nothing. Other than...it's a trip!
Thank heavens they have an older sister to help whip them into shape. And honestly, she will probably be Kel's saving grace. Meg was my little assistant. Thank heavens the Lord sent her first!

Dedre said...

ohh and names...I'm partial to matching. I think it's an old tradition that is sadly dying!

you could do Bill and Will :)lol

Emily said...

How about Cooper or Dunlop?;) I know Hankook makes ag tires too... I know, I'm useless. Good luck and CONGRATS!

Michelle said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm thrilled you guys are having boys! How about Case and Race? (I really have heard of a boy named Race, I didn't make it up.) I can't think of any middle names though. Congrats again!!

Unknown said...

How did you marry such a clever witty man Kelly, LOL! I was laughing the whole time while I read this post. But you know Scott, instead of putting up the cash for weddings you will have to pay for missions (and still supply doe-roe-mee for your boys weddings). I can't wait to hear all the fun stories that come for a house full of four boys (Scott being the most rambunctious of the four). Haddyn will be the perfect older sister, she has the attitude of authority to rule the whole house and she'll need that :) Holy Cow I wish we lived closer!!!
Oh yeah names... how about... (had to google boy names) Garrett and Emmett. For their sakes I hope Kelli is in charge of naming them :)))

Loriann Jensen said...

I like Colter as in John Colter, I'm sure Kelly would love the Driggs reference, her fave place in the world. I also like Crew. And I know Delwyn is still disappointed he didn't get a Banks. But if you want a boy destined to be a butler than you are welcome to that name too.