Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A Special Message...

Most of you that read my blog are probably familiar with the story of Stephanie Nielson, but for those of you that aren't, here is a small brief. She and her husband were in a really bad plane crash a few years ago and while the pilot was killed, they both survived. Stephanie was burned over 80% of her body and now lives in Utah and continues to have surgeries and recover from her injuries. She is a member of the Church and has a true love for the gospel. She shares this love in this video that I would like to share with all of you. I hope you will all take the time to watch this, whether you are a member of the Church or not. It is very inspirational and will leave you with a very grateful and blessed feeling in your heart. She also has a blog that is listed under the "Love to Visit" heading on the right and it's called NieNie. It is a super fun blog and she is very creative and talented! Hope you enjoy this...she is an amazing woman and I know that her story and her trials have taught me a lot and I'm very thankful she is so open to share them---it's truly amazing how one person can touch SO MANY! Hope you get something from this too!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What an incredible woman, I loved the words elder Holland was saying at the end about being closer to our Savior during our trials. But it is always up to us whether the trials we face will bring us closer to the Savior or further. That would be such an incredibly hard trial, I don't know how I would cope but it seems like she copes through her testimony is the gospel and her family, that really is what life is all about

Dani said...

Thanks for sharing. I've seen that video before, but it's been a long time. It was a nice reminder of the important things in life. She is an incredible woman.

Michael W. said...

Why have I not seen your blog for so long!!!??? I need to come see your house, your kids, you.... so many things to catch up on! Lets do dinner.... 2 weeks! Lets plan it so nothing else comes up.