Friday, October 23, 2009

Less Than 2 Minutes of Quiet = 1 Big Mess

This morning I'm sitting in the living room with Haddyn and she decides she has some issues with the boogers in her nose. Well, I try to help her and I get told, with her arms folded in front of herself by the way, "I do it MYSELF." Okay, fine...pick your battles I decide. So, I tell her to go into the bathroom and get a little square of toilet paper (which we have previously practiced) and bring it to me and I will help her wipe her nose by herself. ha,ha Well, she is pretty quiet for the next minute or so and I keep saying "Haddyn, do you need help?" She kindly responds no and the silence continues. Well, she walked out to the living room with this piece of toilet paper for me seriously less than 2 minutes later. It was a brand new roll of toilet paper, so I didn't really think much of it, I just "helped" her and we went on with coloring. Well, I am doing laundry today and had a load finish, so I made my way into the bathroom where the piles are awaiting my assistance and found this: (excuse the piles under the pile, but like I said, I'm doing laundry.)So yah, my little angel had completely emptied a brand new roll of toilet paper into a pile on the floor and brought me that tiny excuse for a tissue as if nothing had happened. My lesson=NEVER trust the silence, for any amount of time and no matter what reassurance is voiced during the silence. :) Well, it was a brand new roll, so I had to salvage it the best way possible. What I came up with is this:Not too bad, right? It was helpful that she actually got it off in two very long, but pretty close to equal pieces. Give credit where credit is deserved, right? This is what your toilet paper would look like if it was hand rolled, makes ya thankful it's not right? Plus, I'm sure they would sell it as quadruple rolls with less rolls in a pack for more money. Anyway, life with a two year old--never boring!!!
STETSON UPDATE:
I went to the Doc last week for my 37 week appt with the exciting news that I was actually dialating on my own! YAY! However, I went yesterday for my 38 week and found out I'm still a steady 1. Lovely. Well, luckily that doesn't change anything when you're being induced, except now we have to show up at the hospital at midnight on Wednesday instead of 6:30 Thursday morning. I had a feeling that would be the news though because even though my contractions are getting stronger, they are totally slowing down. That's better than being totally uncomfortable and contracting like crazy and STILL not progressing like I did with Haddyn though. Haddyn's 2nd birthday party is tomorrow and I'll try to blog that before the baby comes, but I'm making NO promises :) Think baby for me and maybe he'll sense it...I know I am!

4 comments:

The Smaellies said...

that is hilarious! Taylor did that once before and now the bathroom is off limits! see you tomorrow for the party!

Ashley said...

lol Awesome. Just, awesome.

Hopefully...there won't be too many "quiet moments" when you're preoccupied with the baby.

The J said...

Happy birthday Haddyn! I can't believe you are two!! Hopefully we'll have a Stetson birthday here soon!!

Unknown said...

LOL! That girl cracks me up, she has that sweet little innocent voice how could you not trust that little angel, haha! I love the advice, don't trust those silent moments its ALWAYS trouble! I can't believe that tomorrow at midnight you will be in the hospital starting to give birth to your second little one! HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY HADDYN, TWO ALREADY!!!