Thursday, February 19, 2009

Snow Drift Fun

I have pretty much failed on the one post every week day, but I am TRYING to do better, I promise. These are a few older pics from January that I have been meaning to post. The two things I can tell you about Driggs for sure thus far are that it snows a lot and it blows the snow a lot. As a result, we had a drift of snow off the corner of our house that almost touched the ground. Unfortunately we had already tried to beat it off from the bottom before taking any pics, so you don't get to see the full effect. Here are a series of pictures of the 45 min process of digging it off...

Starts out happy!
Stealing a nap...J/KHe's so sick of shoveling!!!Livin' on the edge and stepping off the roof onto the drift to chop away-also notice the pile of snow that goes 1/3 of the way up the side of our house that he has dug off!Here he is all done and with a broken shovel...see how STRONG my stud of a husband is??I already randomly posted this pick a few posts ago, but it was taken after being outside bundled in the stroller and cheering her Daddy on for about 25 minutes...it was SOOO cold!Here's the video of Scott jumping off of the roof when he was done. He was a little worried about how high it seemed, but after jumping he realized it was not even worth filming...but I'm going to post it anyway because I'm proud of him for facing his fears!! :)


6 comments:

Unknown said...

I will never get over Haddyn all bundled up, it just makes me laugh and want to snuggle all those layers. We got Kaydence some snow pants that TOTALLY give her a ghetto booty too, its great! Your home is so stinkin gorgeous!!! For some reason the thought of shoveling snow off our home actually sounds exciting, because it would be OURS! I'm sure it would get old real fast but Scott is a trooper.
Ummm, I totally miss visiting with you and going on walks!!! Our lives are so dull without you guys!

Mindee said...

I definitely understand the YOU SUCK comment...and I wouldn't even be offended if you weren't joking :). All I can saw is WOW and that I'm glad that's not where we are meant to live!! But I also know that we would survive and even attempt to enjoy it if it was where we were supposed to live.

I love Haddyn's little rosy cheeks. She's so DANG cute in all her pictures, I can't even imagine how she is in real life!

jonibologna said...

I have to say, if I were there I would have been sooooo tempted to throw a few snow balls at Scott while he was on the roof! That looks like it was actually alot of fun, even though it was hard work. I'm terrified of heights so the video of Scott jumping off actually was worth it. I never would have done it, thats for sure! Oh how I miss you. Can't wait to see you guys! Be good and I'll talk to ya soon. Love you!

Mike and Kaci said...

I love Haddyn's rosy cheeks. How cute!

The Smaellies said...

I have a video very similar to that when Craig and Jake cleaned off our roof!

The J said...

LOL So hilarious! I love it! That is sooooo much snow!