Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Birthday Bash!

Haddyn's 1st birthday party was a week and a half ago (I'm a slacker, I know) BUT I have had big tests to worry about, so I'm just now getting it blogged. It was lots of fun and I can't believe how must she grows and learns every day! I'm going tohave to add a video later of her making her famous piles of food inside her high chair as she eats. At one point she even started putting the cake in her belly button...I didn't get that on film, but there is a pic! Hillarious! She loves her "button" and she gets so mad when I put shirts on her that button up and block access : )

So...awesome good times. Everyone made fun of me cause I wanted to do puppy cupcakes because Haddyn LOVES dogs. So, I had decided to do a cake with 3 puppy heads on it, but I wanted Haddyn to have her own cake, so we went with the cupcakes instead and Scott and I made a pink bulldog for her to dig into. I thought it turned out pretty stinkin' cute, regardless of all of the mockery of how hard it was going to be!















I made the frosting from scratch and everything! Big feat for Kelli...and yes, the cake was from a box. Don't get too carried away!


As you can tell, Haddyn wasn't a fan of getting undressed and ready to eat the cake. Isn't that tear the saddest (and cutest) thing you've ever seen?





























Haddyn loved eating her cake, but she was very proper and clean while eating. In fact, she is the best eater in her class, she's also the slowest, but hey! She only started throwing the cake around once she was done and playing.

Of course, here is the famous belly button storage photo...hey, for all we know her belly button likes cake too!She loves eating Grandma's ice cream (all by herself I might add, and don't mess with that cause she's little miss I CAN DO IT BY MYSELF now) and playing peek-a-boo with Nana Jan.


























I think by this time she is thinking "Are you guys done yet?" She's sure careful not to smile for the camera...it's apparently against her rules to smile willingly for the camera, but that is true pretty much all days! It's amazing we got so many pictures of her smiling at her 1 year pics we went and had done.



























Prior to all the cake fun Haddyn went outside (with her new hat) and played on the trampoline. Her favorite thing to do is lay face down and lick the tramp and look to the ground, yes, I said LICK the tramp. It's possible she gets some of her weird traits from me, but I don't know about this one!Here are some fun pics from opening her gifts. Honestly, lets hope Christmas is either more exciting, or we're only getting her two gifts, three TOPS cause it takes her forever to open them AND she was so upset when we'd take the newly opened gift away so she could open the next one before the sun went down. Poor little girl...it's so tough being 1!!!














Thank you to all for the gifts and I hate to say there's a fave, but Daddy is especially proud to say the green flows strong in this one and the John Deere wins out!!!
All of Haddyn's cousins on my side of the family are way older than her and LOVE spoiling her! The "twins" Morgan and Jarod, are her next oldest cousins and they are 5 1/2. Makes for a lot of Mom's when you get all of the nieces together, but they love her and she loves them! Kortnee was the cuz of the day pushing Haddyn all around on the JD cruiser...farm girl with style!!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

How cute and how FUN!

You're not the first person who's mentioned that one-year-olds don't really get the concept of presents and get upset when you take a freshly opened one away even to replace it with another to unwrap...I think I've decided that my kid will only need a single present until she gets some joy out of that experience...

And you're not a slacker for getting pictures up a whole week and half after the party--you're a mom. And a great one, it looks like! So don't go thinkin' like that, okay?

Mike and Kaci said...

Happy Birthday sweet girl! That looks like an exciting day! I'm sure my outfit was the favoritest of the clothes!!!

The J said...

LOL. I love that she doesn't smile and in almost all of the naked pictures her finger is in her belly button! LOL. I think the licking the tramp definately comes from SCOTT! :) I love the John Deere ride-a-long though, that was FREAKIN' AWESOME!

Emily said...

Haddyn is adorable. Just wanted to stop in and say that. Well, that and "Word to your mother". (The boys have been making me listen to "Ice Ice Baby" all morning.;)