Sunday, November 23, 2008

A Fun Little Survey...

My friend Jami had this "survey" on her blog and I thought it was kinda fun, so I stole it. SINNER!! I laughed at her comment about it...

"(this survey) is good for just recording your child's birth history etc. So I thought I would put it on the blog and it would probably always be there as long as blogger doesn't go down with the rest of the world. ;)" Slightly pessimistic maybe, but Amen to that sista! he,he

1. Were you married at the time? Yes

2. What were your reactions when you found out you were pregnant? We were a little surprised and worried because I had miscarried a month before and we had been trying NOT to get pregnant, but I let it turn into excitement once I passed my 1st trimester.

3. How old were you? 24

4. How did you find out you were pregnant? We were driving down to Salt Lake to see some friends and I couldn't get comfortable and Scott said, "You have GOT to be pregnant again, every thing is irritating you!" and it turned out I was...I tested 2 days later.

5. Who did you tell first? Our friends Taylor and Sarah. Scott pulled a nasty trick on me and told Sarah and had her call me to see if I'd cave and tell her and I DIDN'T (sucker). We waited to tell everyone else until I was 13 weeks in case I miscarried again.

6. Did you want to find out the sex? Yes. Scott was in disbelief and called for a second opinion, but there were no "parts" : )

7. Due date? October 20, 2007

8. Did you deliver early or late? Right on my due date, but with a lot of help and after 28 hours of labor. (ALL worth it, I might add)

9. Did you have morning sickness? Yes until about 16 weeks and I got horrible migraines until 19 weeks.

10. What did you crave? ICE CREAM..and because I was gaining such little weight, there was a point I was told to eat it every day!! MMMM!

11. Who irritated you the most? Not really a person, I just had no patience overall. Scott learned to just take me with a grain of salt and if I got really bad he'd clue me in by saying, "Can you stand yourself right now?" ha,ha

12. What was your first child's sex? Female.

13. How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy? 25.

14. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? Nope, she just didn't want to come and see us. I wouldn't dilate (even though I'd had contractions every 20 minutes or less for two weeks), but a wonderful pregnancy!

15. Where did you give birth? Bingham Memorial Hospital in Blackfoot, Idaho

16. How many hours were you in labor? 28 hours with about 15 or 20 minutes pushing.

17. Who drove you to the hospital? My honey of course. He was so bummed cause we lived 20 minutes from the hospital and he SO wanted this rushed scene and getting pulled over and all that, but I just went to a regular appointment and then decided to have them start me.

18. Who watched? Scott, nurses, and my doc (seriously though, I was SO out of it there could have been a class of students in there and I don't think I would have known until after she was born!)

19. Was it natural or c-section? Natural

20. Did you take medicine to ease the pain? Epidural--14 hours in

21. How much did your child weigh? 7 lbs 12 oz and 21 inches long! (J, I never knew our babes weighed the same when they were born!)

22. What did you name him/her? Haddyn Elaine

23. How old is your first born today? 13 months old! --May not seem like she's all that old, but time FLIES!!!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Wow. She's such a cutie!

The J said...

I LOVE IT!

Mike and Kaci said...

That is fun! I love that last picture. I can't believe she used to be that small in that first picture!

Dani said...

What a cutie! We will miss getting to watch her for you :)