Wednesday, November 23, 2011

My Minions!! Halloween 2011

I had these great ambitions and plans to make Halloween costumes for Haddyn and Stetson like I do every year, but having twins 2 weeks before Halloween put a little crap in my giddy-up. They both wanted to be minions from Despicable Me and I had gone through all of the trouble of buying everything for the costumes and making my husband and children consume a close to lethal amount of cheese balls, so they were going to happen! So, we all came home with our two beautiful new additions to the family the night before Halloween with no costumes made. Hmm...
Well, Scott being the talented and sweet husband that he is knew I wasn't going to be able to feed, change, pump, etc and still get two little minion heads constructed in time...so he took over!! I instructed and he constructed. We made a great team, but he did all of the work! They turned out soooo cute! The best part---under $10 a piece!! Look close...Stetson's "bucket" is an upside down Winnie the Pooh hat. HA!
The kids had fun, but poor Stets was not feeling well and he and I actually ended up in the emergency room that night afraid he had pneumonia. Stupid evening medical clinic. That's a story for another day, but let's just say a woman who delivered twins two weeks before and JUST got her babies home from NICU does not deal well with being told her 2 year old is in respiratory distress and needing to be admitted to the hospital when in fact, his lungs are completely clear and he merely has a upper respiratory infection...AKA--a cold. Awesome. Let's just say we won't be going back to that clinic!
Anyway, I loved the costumes and I'll include a cute pic of the babies too, even though they didn't dress up ;)
Crue on Left, Case on Right---Look at those double chins and bellies!! The other day Scott was talking about how funny it is that they have gained all of their weight in their face and belly and still have chicken legs and I said, "It's cause they're Moulton's!" ha,ha I'm so funny :) Well, I'm sure glad they are Moulton's. I think we make pretty darn cute kids myself!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Wow, those babies look amazing!

And holy COW are those costumes impressive! Like, I want to dress my kiddos up like that next year.

You rock!

Steve and Brittany said...

Apparently I am horrible about looking at blogs. We had no idea that you were even pregnant, let alone just had twin boys!! And if Steve knew, well we know how men are at passing along information. :) (He probably didn't know tho, to give him credit)
Congratulations!! That is so exciting! (And tiring, my sister has twins and I know how hard she says it was). :)

jolley time said...

I love those costumes!! I always call my kids minions. I hope everything is going well! i am sure you are very busy

Michelle said...

Your little minions are so cute! What fun costumes. :D

The twins are so cute! You do make the cutest kids. I love their names too! Glad they are home and doing well. :)