Monday, September 28, 2009

STRESSED OUT!!

So, last Friday I sat down to blog about my Dr.'s appointment last week and just a general update and as I went into my photo program to check if there were any new photos or videos to post as well, I found out that the memory vault had been deleted and there was no longer any photos on my computer. Hmm. Well, let me go back about 10 minutes...
We had a desktop that we are no longer using so we decided to give it away to some friends who could use it. I had a friend get everything off of the hard drive of the computer for me so I could give it to them and he had saved everything on my laptop in a separate folder so we could sort through and keep or erase what we wanted later. So, to make a long story short, I had erased a file folder from inside this "Old Dell HD" folder from what I thought was the old computer about 10 minutes earlier and although I should have figured out something funny was going on when it told me the file was too big and needed to bypass the recycle bin and I hadn't even seen any pics in this file, I did not and pushed enter to erase it. Well, then I...LUCKILY...decide to do a post and just happen to open this program to discover I had just erased all of our photos. FABULOUS!
Let me give you a small indication on how fast and hard my heart dropped--I had JUST put all of the pics from the old computer onto mine and into this program from before Haddyn was born and we had just gotten an external hard drive, but we used it first with Scott's Apple computer and it formatted itself to it and I have a PC, so it is unusable to me, therefore, I have NO BACKUP COPY OF MY PHOTOS. Also, I have yet to scrapbook or print a photo of one day of my daughter's life, so...there went all of it. Well, try to realize I am 8 and 3/4 months pregnant right now and I will admit I have been a little short fused and kind of raunchy with this pregnancy (good thing it's almost over), but I haven't been emotional at all. In fact, besides like 2 tears that may have slipped out for a movie once or twice, I can't even remember the last time I cried and I'm sure it was before I was pregnant---so imagine the flood gates that were opened that morning!! Haddyn was like "Mommy ok?" Then she would kiss me and say "Mommy better now!" What would I do without her?
Anyway, after making Haddyn kneel down with me and say a prayer (there is something so amazing about a little 2 year old's voice saying a prayer!) I went to work calling anyone I could think of that knows anything about computers. After about 4 calls and 1 1/2 hours later I was put in touch with a guy in our ward that is an IT wiz and thought he should be able to recover at least 95% of them because I had called so quickly. So, I turned off the computer and tried to relax myself. Needless to say I got a lot less done on Friday before my sis and her fam came to stay than I had originally planned, but Stegen was able to recover ALL of my photos after over 24 hours of scanning my hard drive. I am sooooooo thankful!!! Guess what my first project will be once Stetson gets here???? HADDYN'S SCRAPBOOK! Also, we went and bought a new external hard drive just for my pics and those photos will be put on there by next week. I'm such an idiot and that's all I have to say, but I am so thankful for the help that got my pics back!

Well, on to my Dr. appointment. All is still well and nothing has changed, I am just so excited that unless he comes earlier, we have an induction date set for October 29, 2009. That cut a whole week off my time left. Heavenly :) See, we set a date because we are an hour and a half away from Blackfoot, where I am delivering, and we've been a little stressed about needing to get there in a hurry. Also, my Dr. informed me she is going out of town for 4 days before my due date and I'm like...so, wanna set a date to take him??? Anyway, I am stoked to have a date, even though I realize he may come earlier. As long as he is healthy, I wouldn't object to that either ;)

The last thing I wanted to post about real quick is Haddyn's bow board that Scott and I finally finished! We had a hard time finding someone who would do personalized vinyl lettering, so we've been trying to get this done for about a month now. I say Scott and I because he really helped--and not just with ideas! He painted all of the "H" except for the brown, but that means he did the hard part. In fact, the "H" paint job was all his idea too. How creative is he?? See, it all started with me getting sick of her bows being EVERYWHERE and so we started looking to buy. Well, we found a ton of "Princess" and "Queen" and girly ones like that, but ya know...we're not all that princess-y in this house, so we didn't really like any of them. Well, you know what that means--CRAFT TIME! Here is the finished project---I think it turned out cute!Oh, I almost forgot...we put Haddyn in her "big girl bed" over the weekend and she loves it! Here are a couple of cute pics of her sleeping in it for the first night. She will be getting a new bed set for her birthday, but she did pick out these bubble gum pink sheets with doggies all over them--classic! Then my sis brought her a Dora pillow case and she was stoked for that--we have to switch it between Dora and Map for nap and night time. The pink and brown pad thing on the floor is actually the changing pad we layed on the floor in case she happened to fall out, but she didn't. She does great with it! My baby is in a bed!! She looks so little in it! Also, she has the WORST bed hair every day now. It's so funny!

6 comments:

Ashley said...

Dude, THANK GOODNESS about the recovery of your files! Shew! Although...if you *HINT, HINT* blogged ALL your pictures, you'd have a permanent backup on Picasa that you could later download in an emergency.

So sorry for the stress for the pregnant mommy. :( I'm glad the story does have a happy ending though.

And CUTE bow board! These keep popping up making me feel like our little box just ain't cuttin' it.

And I can't decide which I like more...those bubble gum pink sheets with doggies or that amazing, amazing bedhead. That, my friend, is classic. :)

The Smaellies said...

yeah for big girl beds and especially for the recovery of your pictures!! i have been wanting to get an external hard drive for a while because i am scared the same thing will happen to me! Good luck with the upcoming induction!

Kandice said...

She looks so sweet in her big girl bed! Kylee has always been ALL OVER in her big bed too, and it's funny what it does to her hair. At least I don't have to worry about that with my little man!

Dani said...

WHOA! I'm sooo soo glad you got your pictures back; I would have died if that were me. Brandt has been wanting to get an external hard drive, but I've been too cheap to let him get one, but after reading this I've changed my mind! That would be awful to lose all of your pics.

Very cute bow board! Scott, I didn't know you were so crafty :)

Wow, you've got, what 3 weeks left?! Stetson will be here before you know it!

Mike and Kaci said...

Can't wait to see that little man! Super cute board? Did you get ahold of that one lady in I.F.?

Unknown said...

Holy Cow! What a huge stressor, I would have for sure starting gushing out the tears and freaking out!!! There isn't anything more valuable (other than my family), if there was a fire, pictures are the first thing I would grab! I'm so glad you got them all retrieved!
WAY WAY WAY cute bow board! Seriously I love it!!!
That is so nice that your doctor will induce you so early, mine is not even considering it, grrrr. The second time around really is different, it seems to wear on me faster. Anyway that's awesome woman!